Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weekend charm

Its a Friday Morning...
Something weird with my manager...Expects us to be in office by 8 am IST sharp..
How in the wide wide world,can I manage to get up (that's one herculean task ) and bump up to this place..(thats another)
Will need a bit of strategising and performance tuning to acheive the deadline..
Anyways today I got up before the alarm and got prim n proper with breakfast and crossed my previous mark of 8.30 am -office gate only to find that my manager is on leave today...Bah ! All my efforts down the drain...
Just to prove a point,I strutted myself around the office just to claim (if i meet someone i know) that  i did reach at 8..
I am unnaturally high spirited today...brimming with energy..oodles of it..
For its friday ! Ah,Joie de vivre to the max.
I dont know what is with this day of the week that can wipe out the entire's week's frustration and effort.
The mere mention of the word 'Friday' can put one to ease.
Its absolute magic....
The day simply runs past you and brings you to  the altar of the much awaited weekend...
I love fridays and the excitement attached to it..
All worries are put aside for the next week and I look forward to the weekend.
Weekends to me means catching up on precious sleep,having outdoor dinners,meeting up my extended family,exploring the unknown nooks and corners of the city, shopping,reading up,cleaning up the clutter that my room is etc etc  not necessarily in that order of importance..
Alas,the prospect of waiting for the weekend is more long lived than the weekend itself.
The 2 days just fly past you and before you realise it ,a dreaded Monday stares in your face....
Till you wait for the following weekend and so on..
The saga continues..
Time to get back to my work pile..
Till then..happy living..


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss my office days! Truly transported me back to those days when I used to wait with bated breath for Fridays to arrive..as to when will the clock strike 6 and when will I get to catch the 6:35 train back to Mumbai from Pune :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to provide enough fodder to revive your nostalgia..

    ReplyDelete